Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Psalm 3 Believers can rest in God

Psalm 3: Resting in Jesus
1. O LORD, how my adversaries have increased! Many are rising up against me.
2. Many are saying of my soul, "There is no deliverance for him in God." Selah.
3. But You, O LORD, are a shield about me, My glory, and the One who lifts my head.
4. I was crying to the LORD with my voice, And He answered me from His holy mountain. Selah.
5. I lay down and slept; I awoke, for the LORD sustains me.
6. I will not be afraid of ten thousands of people Who have set themselves against me round about.
7. Arise, O LORD; save me, O my God! For You have smitten all my enemies on the cheek; You have shattered the teeth of the wicked.
8. Salvation belongs to the LORD; Your blessing {be} upon Your people! Selah.
This Psalm of David probably refers to the time when he was hiding in a cave to escape those who wanted to harm him. How could he lie down and sleep and not be afraid of those looking for him if he did not trust in the Lord? But he did pray with confidence to God and he lived to sing this song as a testimony.

Just like they said to Jesus that God would not help him, so they say to us and they said it to David. But God did hear his prayer. He hears our prayers for help and we too can lie down and sleep without fear, for the Lord will sustain us also. We can also be sure of His care for us even if we do die.   Verse 8 tells us that all the praise belongs to God and that He will bless His own!
I am trusting You, Lord Jesus. Trusting only You.
Trusting You for full salvation great and free!